Monday, July 20, 2009

Crockpot Chicken Vindaloo

Now that Gene is working evenings (hopefully not for long!), Matt is on an all-Indian food-all-the-time kick. I love Indian food too so he has a natural accomplice.

After eating a delicious veal vindaloo with Kelly and me at a wonderful restaurant in Lake Mary, Memories of India II, he was on the hunt for a vindaloo recipe. He found one that I adapted, and finally I got around to making it for him.

I think it was well worth the wait. It's so easy to make, and very, very tasty. No tasteless, boring crockpot dish here. There's no question that I will be making this meal again!

Crockpot Chicken Vindaloo


1 C tomato sauce
1 1/2 T vinegar
2 T olive oil
1T brown sugar
3-6 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 T fresh ginger, minced (I used candied ginger, minced)
1 t salt
2T curry powder
1 T ground cumin
1/4 t ground cardamom
1/4 t ground cloves
1/4 t ground hot pepper
1/4 t red pepper flakes
1 T mustard seeds
1 cinnamon stick
1 onion, chopped
4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Put all ingredients except chicken in crockpot and mix together. Add chicken and mix, to cover with sauce.

Cook on high for two hours and on low for three to four more hours.

Serve with basmati rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment