Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Dip



















When September comes around, my thoughts turn to pumpkin -- pumpkin cookies, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin fudge, pumpkin syrup in my Starbucks coffee ... pumpkin everything! Two years ago, in an effort to find another way to incorporate this wonderful seasonal food into my diet, I created this yummy and super simple sweet dip. It's great with apple slices, graham crackers, pretzels (love this salty/sweet combo), mini marshmallows and more. Now, off to share it with my good friends!

Pumpkin Pie Dip

8 oz cream cheese (regular or light)
3/4 C canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
3/4 C brown sugar
1 t molasses
1 t cinnamon
1/8 t ginger
1/8 t nutmeg
Dash salt

Combine ingredients in bowl and beat for around 3 to 5 minutes until creamy. Taste for sweetness and spiciness and adjust to taste, if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment